On 8 December, WhatsApp published a major update. On its global platform, the company has introduced a new feature known as carts.
This new feature helps users to shop on their website easily. Users can browse catalogs, select multiple items, and send messages to the company. At the same time it will be easier for companies to monitor order requests, handle customer requests and close sales.
How to add products to cart
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from.
- Tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog.
- Once the catalog opens, browse through the products you’d like to order.
- Tap on the product you like.
- Tap ADD TO CART on product if you’d like to order.
- Alternatively, you can also tap MESSAGE BUSINESS if you’d like to ask a specific question about the product.
How to edit your cart
- Tap VIEW CART to see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap ADD MORE if you wish to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit quantity for each product added to your cart.
How to place an order using carts
- Once you’ve successfully updated your cart, you can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message.
- Once sent, you will be able to see the details of your order by tapping on the VIEW CART button in your chat window with the seller.